View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evonschu View Post
Hey all, just wanted to get everyones thoughts on the stock ZL1 tires. I know these are supposed to be good tires, but I can't seem to get decent traction at all with them. Obviously with this vehicle any tire is gonna spinout if you romp on it, but even starting off slowly around corners on dry payment I can feel it slipping. I feel like I get better traction on my colorado pickups cheap falken tires. Any one else feel like this. Mainly want to know if anyone has tried different tires that are more "sticky" that they recommend. I dont care about gas mileage and would much rather have crazy grip than better mileage. The goodyear tires on there now might be perfect on the track when they are hot and high performance driving is a must, but I'd like something more suited for driving around town with good grip. Especially in Portland where 75% of the yr the road is wet. And yes I have tried the PTM modes which do help with this. Thoughts/suggestions. Any 1SS/2SS owners are welcome to chime in too. Thanks and sorry if this is a repost.

Unfortunately you cannot have both. If you want handling you are going to have to deal with a sticky tire that does not perform in the wet and cold. I have had to deal with similar issues here in So Cal when it rains. The option is to get an all weather tire but then you are going to complain about lack of grip in comparison to the Goodyear tires.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote