View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddck24 View Post
I am going to go ahead with meth injection kit and wanting another 100hp.. Suggestions? Benefits of taking out restrictor plate and/or pulley swap?
Car is an m6 with 4.11s and full exhaust no cats.
Thanks in advance.

Also: any body got an opinion on the alcohol injections systems meth kit??
If you add just methanol kit, and keep the boost the same I'd expect around a 25-30rwhp increase (Remember you will have to retune for the addition of Alky kit, so you may want to do some extras like a cam or what-not at same time if you are retuning already).

As a few said, you can add a cam and gain a decent amount of HP/TQ (~60-70ish). Depending on your current fuel modifications, if its the ECS BAP and Mototron 60lb injectors you should be able to have enough fuel to support the cam addition.

However, if you want to go bigger...

You can keep the pulley that is on there, remove the restrictor. IF you are looking to take the plate out, you can do so only following some fueling parameters. I would recommend:

Fuel Pump - Livernois, LPE, ADM, or Squash. No ZL1

Alky Control Methanol Kit designed for ECS Kit - There is a purpose built Alky Control kit that Tommy @ ECS came up with that we had Julio @ Alky package for us at the time. These kits run a bit more than the STD Alky kit but they fit perfectly for the ECS kit.

Injectors - ID-850 at least.

This combination will be good for without a cam somewhere in the 680-720rwhp (Depending on weather). Add the cam, and you can play in the 760-800rwhp range.

This, coupled with the proper tune, and using good octane at track or street events will keep the motor together.

If you have questions let me know.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote