View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #53
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
That was my point.. there were no "shaved tires".. just approved tires for the event. If someone comes on harder tires than what's allowed they really can't complain that others were on better tires since they could have ran those tires as well.

Next year I hope they move back to some sort of REAL street tire.. either 100 or 200 treadwear.
It is within the rules obviously to use the R compound tires that are Dot rated. But when you go to the tire web sites, they say not to be driven on the street. So you can comply and defy at the same time. I think the great spirit of this killer event is focused around street vehicles. I think, therefore to be more appropriate, they should be street performance tires that are not R compounds. The Pedders Camaro had performance street tires only. Adding the R compounds would increase g forces thru the corners from the 1.4g to the 1.7g area plus good for 2-3 seconds lap time reductions.

But this may eliminate excuses. We brought our Pedders Camaro in full force setup. That is what SEMA is all about. Yet it is commented on the level of our setup. Then being selected, Pete has never done actual track time. Finding out who will be there and who will be driving, Pete would be seriously outclassed. So since we have the relationship with Paul, we called him. So we are commented on that as well. If you bring a car to SEMA and it is not just a garage queen show car, it should have the best that you have to offer. We also proved that our ideas of wheel fitment, size, etc, which diverted quite significantly from our competitors, in fact worked and worked extremely well.

But a great event, and lots of fun, great memories, and great friends made.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote