View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #131
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The point of E85 or even E100 used by Brasil isn't that it's cheaper. It's that it's renewable and you can make it from corn or even better in the case of Brasil, sugar.

You are only proving my point. As I posted earlier, Americans aren't hooked on oil, they are hooked on CHEAP oil.

I can not imagine in my lifetime anyone coming up with an energy source that is as robust as gasoline for automotive propulsion. It transports easy has great energy density and if you are willing has reasonable emissions. And in the near term is accessable and plentiful. All known alternatives are either more expensive or more dangerous and in some cases both.

So, America are you willing to pay more to have energy independance? Are you willing to pay more so our troops aren't used to maintain global economic stability around the world? Everyone (cough California cough) thinks you can just legislate this stuff. The easy answer is we are simply riding the cheapest alternatives. And OPEC will likely keep it that way for a lonnnngggggg time to come.