View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #13
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
So GM is releasing a calibration for a regular SS with 3.91 gears? Wouldn't that be a normal calibration for a 1LE? Couldn't you just go to a mod friendly dealer and have it flashed with a 1LE calibration. Seems to me like you might be getting a load offrom your current dealer.
No this is not from the dealer, the 1LE transmission is different part than the SS transmission and the Calc's for each part has to meet EPA approval. That Calc is being tested now. Believe me it is not my dealers fault all. If you go to a normal dealer they can only load programming GM gives them and that programming is kept in a database for each VIN. Since I want to keep my drivetrain warranty that is why I will wait for the Calc. That is why also I bought the entire rear end from the dealer for a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty to not be voided.

Basically the part we bought will be up coming upgrades from GM, if you remember the 1LE announcement they said that older SS's can be upgraded to 1LE. We got approval to get the part and keep they warranty but no one new that Tach did not have the Calc yet.

I just wanted to know what would be off and that is why I posted. I have since found gear calculators on the net so I know what I go at what speeds now. None of this was posted to pick on my dealer or GM so please do not spin it like that.

And as far as calling dealer BS, well the dealer does not even want a dime from me for the work or the rear end until the Calc comes out and is installed on my car. I call that a good dealer in my book.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote