View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
There is no increase in fuel efficiency in the auto with AFM, both the AT and the MT are expected to acheive 23-24 MPG hwy and about 17-18 city. You do (supposedly) get an extra 22 horses with the manual, but with the optimized shift points on the auto they're both acheiving 0-60 times of approximately 4.6 seconds... so will you ever feel the extra 22 horses? Probably not. So really the decision just boils down to whether an Auto or Manual trans will work better for you. Me, I live in L.A. which = TRAFFIC so I will be getting an auto. Maybe you've got more open roads and lighter traffic in Charleston so the manual may work out better for you.
Before i could even respond to the first load of horse... crap, i get more of it. Lets just think practically for a moment. Do you think GM would spend considerable money developing a new engine and adding technologies if it werent even going to do anything.... Noooo. Then lets consider what this technology they spent money developing does... IT SHUTS DOWN HALF THE ENGINE ON THE HIGHWAY. Tell me please... how would 4 and 8 cylinders burn the same amount of fuel?

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote