View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Intrested as well.

Actually I'm more intrested to see if someone replaced a different CAI with the Vararam and thinks it's worth the money and effort.

Personally I don't care for the looks over the open element type but if it truely gets the kind of rwhp they are saying then I might have to bypass looks for performance.

I had the CAI and can't say I could feel any difference from stock. I knew there was HP increase but couldn't really feel it. With the Vararam I feel the difference. I bought one because others said they could feel the difference and the design seemed to make sense to me. Short airflow path, a relatively straight path to the intake manifold, and air source completely outside of the engine bay One thing that really impressed me was opening the hood and touching the Vararam, after driving for quite a while. The intake wasn't even warm.

Just to be clear, the CAI is exremely well made and Jannetty's testing showed it to be top notch. Not saying it not a great intake. If I were to do CAI again, I'd have to have the ADM sccop to go along with it because that makes sense.

Keep in mind that I don't take my car to the track, no dyno, and it's my daily commuter. I can only give my opinion based on SOTP.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 11-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote