View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #12
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
If the driver is required to leave it in park and with Electronic Brake engaged...I think you are probably right, not that hard to accomplish. The current "Manual" remote start systems today require pretty much the same thing; before the driver exits the car they have to tell it that they want to use remote start next ignition, the idea of adding a safety measure that detects the car is in neutral is good, also eliminate the driver having to go thru 3 or 4 steps prior to turning off would also be a must.

I say a system that requires the driver to do NOTHING at all before getting out and leaving the car parked would be the system I want.
I agree. No steps should be needed to activate it upon exit of the vehicle. The underlined part of your post shouldn't be required on a factory equipped remote start manual trans car.

It should work like this.
1. Stop car, place in neutral, and activate e-brake. Then exit car.

to start:
1. Press lock button twice. (horn can be programmed to give specified number of honks to notify that the car isn't in neutral or brake is disengaged and won't remote start)
2. If in neutral with brake engaged, Hold remote start for 5 seconds to start car.