View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #14
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Here's the problem the way I see it. the Z-28 name when it was offered years ago was a PRODUCTION model that the average middle class could afford to purchase and did purchase in numbers and drove as daily drivers and some of this took it to the track but not many. more ended up on the street as daily drivers. this Z-28 is a great car but it certainly will not get that kind of play in the marketplace. So many cars and trucks out there are through the roofs on their pricing. I guess if they have buyers lining up for them, then they will keep making them. too many people are putting too much of their monthly budget into a huge car payment and they have nothing left over but a great car in their driveway. It's tough to introduce an expensive model like that in this economy. I hope it does well though.

+2

I also tend to think the Z/28 (as in stated from interviews as a Z "slash" 28, and not Z28) is the return for those that are pure Camaro enthusiast wanting to play hard out of the factory box. Like in the Dodge Viper SRT to their track ready version GT-R
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote