View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #45
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
I'm not sure about the whole E85 engines don't last as long. I kinda doubt that GM would put out so many vehicles that can run on it knowing they would be unreliable a few eyars down the road. It's kinda like intentionally putting out bad press. Plus at one time you may remember that gasoline engines wouldn't last very long if run on unleaded fuel. But we overcame that hurdle.
I would gladly run E85 in my Avy. But I don't even know where there is an E85 station in Toronto. The world DOES have capacity to generate much more corn and other materials to satisfy the eventual E85 demand. We just need to adjust the supply production. If the demand for these source materials (such as corn) goes up and production stays the same then of course there will be shortages and price increases - duh! The governments need to encourage these programs so there will be incentife for growers and station owners to supply the stuff to the public more readily. It's like the OEMs (and specifically GM) is ahead of the curve on this one. Look how many E85 capable vehicles are running around (even Dodges) compared to the population of available E85 stations. I don't know, but I suspect the profit margin on E85 is smaller. Shameful

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote