View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
I have done pretty much that aside from the gears and axles, I believe my current setup would out-handle a stock 1LE, not even close. GM should have lowered both the ZL1 and 1LE. I lined up with a ZL1 yesterday and sitting in my car I was looking up at him. That's the kind of stuff that shows even though GM made improvements, the aftermarket is there to make it even better.

I was looking at a new Mustang GT at the track too. He had a track package in it that came with Ricaro seats. Now why doesn't GM offer something like that in the 1LE package. Our stock seats aren't good for hard cornering.

On your last statement. When I was at the Camaro fest a couple weeks ago I was talking to a couple of GM engineers About things that would be cool for our cars. One of them started talking about the cts and how even with the V6 you can basically get a track pack with recaro seats as an option. I looked him square in the eye and said you mean to tell me you can get recaro seats in aV6 luxo sedan, but you've built 2 track ready Camaros and can't get recaros in those, WTF. He looked at me like I had 2 heads or it had never occurred to him. The other guy had a weird smirk