View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas2k View Post
Yes thats right. Point being, search needs improvement.
It needs improvement but its not quite as bad as you seem to make it out to be. The results didn't show this thread when you searched for terms that are pretty much unrelated to the content of this thread (Camaro fail). But when entering more relevant terms (Camaro5 search) this thread pops right up. I see that as the search doing its job of delivering relevant results, not a failure to find a specific thread.

And, because this can't be said enough ... most sites (including Camaro5) use v-bulletin's forum software. So no matter how frustrated end users become, ultimately its v-bulletins problem to solve. Complaining to them is going to be of more benefit, because we are pretty much powerless to do anything about it. Besides, most of the site staff were probably aware of the search functions limitations before we were even part of the site staff.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote