View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 02:01 PM   #10
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
I’m fine with overbuilding for the lsa as I don’t want to build an engine twice unless I want 1200-1500whp then I would need a aftermarket block lol. I will be using my stock ls3 block as well so no lq9. I guess my real question is what rods,crank,pistons, and other optional upgrades should I go with to support a high hp supercharger build. Like domed pistons or flat top? Would a big cam for n/a be good for a supercharger? And what about other little things like bearings,wrist pins,oil pumps, etc
I'd kind of agree with dreksnot. If you plan on using the stock ls3 block (with forged piston/rod/crank) and stock sleeves, I wouldn't go past 1000. Thats why everyone ends up resleeving these blocks. The stock sleeves are thin. The cost of a resleeve is going to put you into aftermarket block territory $$ wise.

The LY6 iron 6.0 blocks with studs can take a lot of abuse and are fairly cheap if you source the block yourself. But once I started adding everything up, and then cost of balancing, I was right at a Thompson Motorsports short block on sale.... and the Dart block wasn't much more.

Decide on your blower first. If you stay stock LSA blower, the LSA short block will take 900 no problem.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote