View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
ZOg you in illinois......I am as many are upgrading their own suspension eventually on a ss because: ! 1 you can pick any rear gear you want, you can buy parts aftermarket that are better for suspension than the 1le parts, who really plans on driving circle tracking road courses....as opposed to a daily driver that can have tires cheaper form different brads that are made all season...not just summer only do not use in cold winter weather tires....And flat black wrap on a hood to remove........And well a SS with better rear end gearing can actually out perform a 1le in the quarter as the transmissions are almost the same, also the front splitter.......Mine would get scraped to death everyday just going in and out of my driveway and I would have to probably remount my show and go plate to hang down on stupid plumbers strap and park in the street forever.......( i have seen one too many cars with fractured ground effects in my lifetime) ANd the biggest one for me was: yes its a nice package but.........It interferes often with getting other options a person wants as it unavailable with a 1le or you have to order it that way and wait and wait..............Sure you dont get the zl1 fuel pump or what ever, but eventually when upgrading a car you would get a dual pump etc..............Or better than what is stock or not need the part. I would say 43 is fair maybe if it has crystal red paint, a moonroof, nav, heritage grill, dual mode exhaust..............