View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
LEX2CAMARO

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS-YELLOW OR BLACK?
I rented one to drive to COMIC-CON in San Diego few weeks back.

I took pix but too lazy to post them.... I was calling my local Airport, Ontario Los Angeles CA for few weeks back and I was told that the only Camaro available was at LAX (50 miles from me)

I not a fanatic so did not want to drive back and forth for the car. A day before COMIC-CON i called Ontario Airport and they said that do have Camaros for rent but i literary have to come NOW and drive off

I called the morning of the trip and went to the airport. The ONLY car they had was a Silver 1LT/RS with 6 miles on it!! I sooooo wanted the SS but no go...Well i rented the RS and drove 100 miles to COMIC-CON and then from San Diego to Santa Monica (met my wife and my 3 1/2 yr old son who fell in love with the car and literally cried when I had to return it) and then back Inland. I put close to 300 miles in 1 day....

The looks and comments i got, i thought i was driving a Lambo (my dream car) It was awsome. The car was great! And I had a BALL driving it.

The AVIS ppl tried to pull my chain on the rental my jacking up the rental price but by the time i go the airport I "negotiated" with SAM'S CLUB discounts and slick talk to 150 + tax/fees for 1 day (it may not be the best but they had initially quoted me $200 + tax/fees

Honestly it was kinda weird that it all worked out....I did not reserve it but sort kinda showed up an hour after talking to someone over the phone at the airport....The AVIS Camaro had a flat so they ended up giving the one from budget....same car...
LEX2CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote