View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #77
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
This is just my suggestion/opinion. I don't want anybody to say no that's crap. I'm just giving him an easier way to go if he isn't worried about everything. There are other people on here that like NXT 2.0 also. If you're not worried about sheen or shine. You could use OTC products besides the towels. You need Premium towels from Adam's or any other professional detail store. I would use Meg's Ultimate Compound by hand and follow it up with some Swirl-X. Or if you don't want to worry about the scratches or shine at all, just get you some NXT 2.0 Paste or liquid wax. It is really a sealant and last for a while and looks good. Paste wax last longer usually. That is what I use, and it is easy to put on and remove. I put two layers of NXT 2.0 on my car it is my DD. The sealant last me for about 4 to 5 months depending on the season. There is no since of spending all of that money if you're not worried about the shine imo. And you can always change your mind later on if you decide you want the shine and pick up a DA or something. This is just a suggestion that won't break the bank.
I think we'd all agree that liquid glass sealant isn't garbage. That's the sealant I used. While the paint seems sealed, I seem to get water spots on top of the sealant. The spots on the flat parts of my car has the distinct shapes of rain drops. The Dust/pollen/dirt it is caked into these 'water spots' thick. Amazingly I don't seem to have any white lime stains this time around.

Last edited by WhiteCrane; 11-03-2010 at 12:14 AM.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote