View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
So i have finally made my decision to go supercharged. Is there a difference in an OEM LSA, or let's say a Magnuson, ProCharger ETC. I have a great relationship with my dealer and know they will give me a good deal, so expecting to save some good money. I would have the dealer install the LSA.I only need this supercharger for 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that's for Silverstate. As running the 150 MPH class is a must for me, im just looking for the power to run in 6th gear without really working the motor as hard as running in 5th and tacking 5500.
Running a aftermarket kit leaves you very little to hunt for part/component wise and will offer a easier install we have installed just about every offering for the platform.
There are lists on various forums of parts required to install the factory unit and some have jumped through the hoops to obtain it all.
If your road racing the vehicle and looking for a little more why not N/A build without the heat soak issues of supercharging?
CAI, cnc head, cam & header will be up 100+wheel camshaft choice dependent.
We have options either way.
The positive displacement superchargers offer tq right off idle and are tons of fun on street cars.
The centrifugal units make great power and is a good way to go.
If it's an auto trans the tq converter will help the car make boost quicker.
They do take some time to get going on a stick car when changing gears, what some refer to as lag.
They need some time to get going vs the top mount stuff that goes off idle.
Whatever direction or brand you choose if you need help we can do our best to help out.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote