View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Railcar
Blazer

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Remote Start System Installation – Need Assistance

Has anyone installed the Remote Start System on their 2010 Camaro? I have a 1LT that does not have a remote start, and I’m looking for help in finding installation instructions for this system.

I ordered and received the “Remote Starting System” (Part # 92213216) from gmpartsdirect.com which is described as:
DESCRIPTION: Remote Starting System

2010 Camaro Remote Starting System, Factory-Enabled

Remote starting allows you to start your Camaro to let it heat up on a cold morning or cool down with air conditioning on a hot day.

2-way technology and a convenient display screen shows the vehicles current status (locked or remote-start engaged, for instance) and critical vehicle data, including tire air pressure, fuel level, odometer and theft alarm status. This fob offers greater operating range then the factory keyless entry system, and can control a second, ARSS-equipped vehicle.

Remote start package does not include remote key fob.

Below is a picture of what I received:

The only information that came with these parts has an Authorization Code and instructions that say “Instructions for installation of this part are available through GM Service Information (S.I.) within the “Accessories Manual” section specific to the vehicle for which you purchased the accessory.”

Not being able to access the “Accessories Manual” I gather that this harness runs from a control module in the dash to an antenna located by the rear view mirror. The black case above can be seen next to the rear view mirror in a picture found on the web.

Underneath this black cover I think is an antenna which I need to order and can not find the part number. I found this picture below under electrical, then Keyless entry components on gmpartsdirect.com which I think shows the antenna.

1 is described as “Receiver” and 2 is “Receiver Cover”.

I am looking for installation instructions and an antenna part number. I will need to eventually buy a key fob and have it synced to my camaro. Any help would be appreciated.
Railcar is offline   Reply With Quote