View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
sfgiantsfan9

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS and 2001 Ford F250
My review on OBX headers

I've been seeing alot of threads on OBX headers vs kooks etc. Or threads on OBX being junk and this and that. So I decided to write this review since i just had them installed. As some of you may remember from a previous thread, I opened the box to find one of the header primaries had a nice dent in it. Now I will admit I was a little worried hearing everyone talk about no customer service and everything so I was afraid I might have to either install the headers with the dent or eat the cost and get another set. Well I sent an email to the company I purchased them from and within the same day I received an email back saying to send pictures of the damage and box it up and ship it back. So I did and they credited me for the return shipping. I had an event coming up on the weekend and was pretty bummed about not having them to install before the event so I asked them if there was any way they could send me the new headers before they received the old damged ones. They called UPS and veified that they picked the old headers up and sent me new headers that were on the way two days before they even got the damaged headers back so I could get them installed in time. Now I'm not saying people didn't have bad experiences with the company before because I do not know, but my experience with them was an extremely good one. It was no hassle whatsoever and I got my new headers extremely quick, no questions asked.
Now on to the install. I didn't want to attempt it myself on my back on jackstands so I took it to a local performance shop. They had the headers on in 3 hours and told me they were one of the easiest headers to install. Said the new camaros have tons of room to work in and the headers lined up perfectly. For the price, in my opinion they cannot be beat. The welds on these headers were very clean and solid and they are a beautiful looking header.
I wanted to write this review because it seems every other day someone is either contemplating buying OBX headers or bashing them and since I now have first hand experience with their quality, fitment, and customer service I felt I should share with everyone to help them make an educated decision on which headers to buy. So if anyone has any questions about these headers that I may be able to answer please feel free to ask in this thread or even PM me if you want.