View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #36
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
I did this with Fatmat not dyna mat. Same concept but half the price. It is well worth doing. Alot of work, and it was in the summer so it was very hot to do, and didn't need a heat gun it was so hot. Cut it into smaller pieces and put it together like tetris.
These are actually two very different products. Fatmat is an asphalt roofing material with longevity issues due to heat (falls off vertical panels) and Dynomat is butyl rubber sound deadening material. Lowe's actually sells the product in the store (and cheaper), albeit re-branded under "Peel and seal".

"The FatMat is mainly a rubber mastic with a asphalt mixture which is used for the adhesion. The only reason it has an odor at all is because it comes straight off the press and is sent to you." - Fatmat corporation

Fatmat was originally created by a guy that owns a roofing company.

Dynomat carries almost no noticeable smell and has much higher reviews over the years in application, use and longevity (very well documented). I've heard too many complaints of the smell and later falling off panels so I no longer recommend Fatmat.

If it works and you like it, by all means, enjoy and congrats!
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote