View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #103
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

1) What automatic transmission are you running in these ? (e.g. a modified version of the 6L80E or the 4L80E) Are they all the same or have you tried different ones. If you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did? .
I have an automatic and have had no problem with 650 to the rear but agreeably it flairs once in a while with repeated beatings and trans temp increases. TCI can make your trans bullet proof. Most bash me when I say that because everyone says they are just a big old commercial company and have lost the real customers point of view – I do not agree – they rock and will take care of you – call direct. Rossler can also make a bullet proof transmission

Quote:

2) What rear-end/differential/axles/driveshaft are you using? Once again, if you built them, I'm interested. If not, can you point me to who did? .
I have not broken mine yet so I do not know the limit. We have shipped several 1100 eng hp motor to Australia for the super car shoot outs and drift competitions and everyone seems OK with the diffs. As for the drift shafts – we offer upgrades to the customers that bring their cars in but have never really entertained selling that technology – I guess I should offer half shaft upgrades.

Quote:

3) What tires are you running? e.g. street tread, drag radial or slicks?
I have tried them al but the jury is our on duration of parts – I would say based on the Ausy abuse the diffs will be ok for a while – if you really want a daily / drive it like it is stolen rear end / We are shortly offering a 9” upgrade that still has the IRS and a solid live Axle up grade by March
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote