View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
My Baby is home! 2SS/RS Black w/IOM

Ok, she's home! What a whirlwind trip too! We flew to Sunnyvale Chevrolet on Saturday (Sunnyvale, CA), picked up the car, drove 90 miles further north to visit family.

Loving this baby! Handles great! The sound is quiet, but it's there! We visited family, then drove home this morning - total of 820 miles already on her!

We took the CA coast down to San Diego most of the way. I played here and there with speed, shifting, and everything inside Yes, broke 100 mph and got her to around 4800 RPM.

Inside the car are the uninstalled painted GFX, so it was a little tight in there

I think she handled great, sounds wonderful, and just LOVE the looks if it! I can't look at her enough! I love the curves of the hood and the bulge in the center. I love the curves of the body and the wide fenders!

2 minor mishaps on the way home, but no real damage. We hit a pothole on one of the smaller roads that neither of us saw and it sounded like it cracked the right front wheel. I pulled over and check, and thank God all was fine. Then, on the highway, when it was dark, we hit some thing on the road and it went under the right front wheel and made a small scratch in the lower passenger door paint Oh well... a stripe just might go over that spot.

I love the ABL in the doors, except it doesn't run the full length of the door, and is not bright enough when the dash is kept low. Played with the radio, OnStar navigation, and plugged in my girlfriend's IPOD and it worked great the first shot!!

She really could use Memory settings for the drivers seat and a fully electric passenger seat. We averaged about 23.3 mpg on the highway and averaged 65.3 mph 2 1/2 tanks of gas...all 91 octane.

I'm loving this baby!!

Tomorrow she gets a FULL Zaino detail, then her oil changed. On Tuesday I bring her to a local dealer for the GFX installation.

Wednesday she goes to Zoomers for the CAT back exhaust install.

Friday is the ADM CAI install, then probably the Viper alarm install.

More to come...

EDIT:

We spotted NO less than 8 '10 Camaro's on the way home yesterday! Most were going North, and many on the Pacific Coast Highway. I got some waves, smiles, and one sour face. Maybe he was having a bad day

Anyway, I have hood spears and door stripes in orange from RiderGrapfix that will hopefully go on this week.

Thanks all! More pics to come...
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 09-07-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote