View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #33
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
loving the new ride bud!!

question about your old car. you lowered it quite a bit yes? like 2"? do you recall how many miles you put on your car with it being lowered that much? Guys in the suspension thread are freaking me out saying if I lower my car any more than 1" that I will blow up the CV's in my rear axles because of the angle lowering puts on them..... Did you drive your old car hard at all? Mine will be a street car but planning on making 750RWHP. Basically want to build a car that sounds good, looks good and does big burnouts at 60mph!! let me know what you think, thanks bud.
I lowered the car 0.75" on Pedders xA's. I don't know if it was the blower or what but the car always looked lower than cars dropped on 1"+ springs.

I never had any issues with my axles/driveshaft/cv joints and I did drive my car hard, although only after letting the car get up to operating temperature, letting it cool down afterwards, etc. I was never abusive and took the car to road courses, had fun in the twisties, and went to the drag strip a couple times. Never launched the car though. I would always roll into it like accelerating from a stop sign. 2.2 sixty with no traction at the top of every gear running 12.6 @ 119