View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
WTT Motorcycle for a Truck

Pretty much as the title says...I went through a long debate on whether to buy a motorcycle or a truck with my funds availible...after a long decision and scouting everywhere I ended up buying a motorcycle with the idea in mind that I'll be saving on gas and insurance. Well right after buying the motorcycle I ended up getting back my old Mazda V6 that I had been letting my brother use for the last year and it does really well on gas and the insurance savings are already there off adding the Mazda on my policy. I bought a house at the end of January and need to get me a truck for work I need to do with the house (hauling out dirt, picking up materials for construction, using my now useless flatbed since I have nothing to pull it with) so pretty much am looking to trade the bike for a reliable pickup. It's a 2003 Honda Shadow VLX600 that gets around 50 MPG city (stop and go traffic) and around 55-60 on the highway. It has all the necessary add-ons for a daily driver to work and back (saddle bags, sissy bar, windshield, sissy bar bag). I have clean CA title in hand for it and tags just paid up through May of 2012. Reason I'm looking to trade it is so whoever I trade with we both "gifted" the vehicles in question so don't have to pay sales tax on them. I'm not looking for a "show piece" truck I'm just looking for an old truck that can get the job done when I need it to. The value of my bike is around $2,500-2,900 not counting add-ons but again, just looking for a truck to trade for. The bike is reliable as I drive it everyday and have driven it to Fresno and back with no problems. Let me know if you might be interested or know someone who might. I know someone has to have an old pickup just collecting dust that they could part with to help me out. Thanks in advance guys!