View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Why in the heck did you guys make Casey run in a higher class than his modifications indicated? Clearly he should have been in the same class he ran in last year. Here is a quote from his girlfriend.

Ok here's what went down in this C5 Fest Camaro-cross... there are 5 classes....c1 is stock v6, c2 is stock v8, c3 is v8 modified (youve put some after market s...tuff on) c4 is super modified like you put a super charger on and basically nothing is left stock and c5 is for shop cars like built for racing only..... Casey's is c3, its what he was last year and what he won first place for last year and nothing has been added....he has some aftermarket stuff but no super charger. ... well they decided to put him in c4 against all the super modified Camaros....well he won 3rd place in that class.. AND he was only .400/sec (400th of a second) behind the first place car in the c4 class so he did amazing but they shafted him a first place win by putting him in the wrong class.

I was not there but it sure sounds unfair. Yeah, he is good but isn't that the point of competition? Classifications are supposed to be based on modifications so what gives here? Regardless, you did great Casey & we are very proud of you.
Every thing got worked out and Pete asked me if they messed up and I told them no everything is ok. The staff of the camaro cross did a great job, and put on a great event year after year. Thanks to everyone that support me thanks.