View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #5
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo42 View Post
The 2009 Camaro is probably going to have the Zeta Platform, which has all independent suspension. SO, is this platform going to be able to get all that 400 horsepower down to the weels. Wouldn't it be more cost effective and stable for the Camaro to have a rear axle? Shouldn't MUSCLE CARS have rear axle suspension. I know very little about the Zeta Platform and it kind of has me worried so please enlighten me! It is speculated that that the front tires will be 275 in the front and 305 at the rear. Is that even Realistic?

The only problem with 275 tires up front and 305s out back, are that tires that size are usually on high performance tires that also come at pretty steep prices. That would drive up the base price of the Camaro.

I would expect something more along the lines 245s or 255s all round, maybe a 265 in the rear, anything more will would probably be too expensive. The 400hp GTO only ran on 245s with a 235 option!

The independent rear will not be as good as a solid rear for straight line drag racing, but the one or two tenths you might loose in the 1/4 mile will be more than made up on a road course (if you know how to drive) and will feel better on the road overall.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 11-14-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote