Thread: Will i hook up?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 View Post
TVS 2300 got me the boost in HP/TQ. First A6 with one

I definitely agree with you guys that an 18" tire would be the best bet to go with, but i was also looking into something thicker for street use (cosmetic look wise). So i want to go with the 20" (if it will hook).

i do not have the cash to buy 18" tire AND rim to go with it :( especially if i want a new set for the street also.. Plus the car won't be at the track too often, i just really want to hook up when i make it out to the next "PINKS All out" in September.
For what you will spend on Nitto's you should be good to go with these and some wheels. If you shop right you could get matching stock wheels off ebay or elsewhere as guys upgrade to aftermarket. These are about 200 a tire.

With the above being said...This is an 18 inch wheel so they would not match the 20's but if someone pulled them off an ls I think those are 18" wheels. But verify that the brembo's would fit behind first before dropping money on them. With the HP you are running you need to find some way to take some of the stress off your launches. Never ever going to do that off a 20" rim and tire cause there just is not enough sidewall.

A set of these would last for years and years based on your semi frequent drag racing. But when you go you want to be able to hook it up. Goodyear has a good tire too But you are going to find the wheel sizes too small for the brakes on a lot of tires. Nitto is one of the few that you will find 20's with. But they are so very proud of them and the compound is pretty darn hard cause they want you running them on the streets as well. They say 15k miles but that must be on a cooper cause everyone I know burns them up in under 10K. You have a good post here and I look forward to some of the real drag guys posting up their opinions. I don't know squat about shinola but have been around a few tracks learning for years. Good luck
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote