View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
DietTab
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
Any updates...I would like to know where you got all your signals from, for your trans controller? Rpm signal...TPS...Brake...reverse. What about the old wiring harness?

Thanks
TPS from light blue wire @ gas pedal connector.
Ground from the ground on the frame rail below the PCM
+12v from the cigarette lighter in console.
Controller extrapolates rpm automatically from the speed sensor on the transmission.
Controller VSS output to stock harness wire under hood, pin/wire 71 VSS high signal. (Grey wire with black stripe in passenger side of engine harness) - This makes your speedo work
Optishift box located below glovebox tucked out of sight. I'll take some pics. They permabanned my ip so it's a pain in the @$^ to even update this.
For reverse lights, you just get a pre-2001 PRNDL switch from a 4l60 or 4L80 (any year truck from 95-01, check the parts store), and install it to the trans. Plug the reverse sensor in from the stock harness. Simple
The old M6 harness is just zip tied out of the way, unused.

My 4L80 was 2k from Jake's on special. Spent another 1k on converter and 550 on controller
I sold my 6060 and clutch cylinders for 2k, and sold my twin disk clutch for 600 i think, so the net cost to change was only $950 or so.
100 mile update: Trans/controller/converter are flawless. Very happy with the setup.

Last edited by DietTab; 01-22-2012 at 09:58 PM.
DietTab is offline   Reply With Quote