View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
First off, it really sounds from your first post (and it may just be poor wording) that you think the V6 comes with a turbo from the factory. I feel the need to point out that this is not the case. Not necessarily in case you think that, but because somebody who knows nothing about this car may see this thread and think "OMG, STOCK TURBO!"

That said, the V6 responded very well to just a CAI and cat-back, with no tune - 31 rear wheel horsepower. Thats about 37 at the flywheel, or about 340 flywheel at that point. Conservatively, long tubes may net another 15* at the wheels (depending on how restrictive the stock manifolds are...), which would put you at almost 360* at the flywheel. Those numbers should improve a bit with a tune, so with an intake a full exhaust I'd wager you'd be able to get close to 375*.

Past that you'll need something a bit more exotic - maybe an underdrive pulley kit, or some hotter cams; boost would work; and Zex just announced a 55 horsepower NOS kit.

It will definitely be possible to get to 400 horses at the flywheel. How you get there will make a big difference in how your car drives and acts, however.

Your mileage may vary.
- X

* Disclaimer: These numbers are based solely on my research and experience. They are nothing more than bench dyno results. Take them with a grain of salt.
so youre saying with just some more exhaust etc, and some tuning that i should almost reach 400 that way??? cause from what ive read around on the net about the situation i came to the same conclusion. but damn id really like a supercharger or twin turbo kit. but to be clear ive heard people talking saying v6 turbo this v6 turbo that. are they not turbo'd. mine has the piece on top that looks identical to the pics of the other turbos on the v6s..now that you mentioned it im wondering.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote