View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Stabilitrack Competitive Mode

First of all I'd like to thank all of you for putting out your experiences and knowledge. I've learned so much on this forum! I was reading through a thread a few days ago where a couple of you were talking about using the competitive mode out of Sport...double tapping or holding down the traction control off button. Ive been all through the Track modes but i didn't realize there was a difference. So i try this out in Sport...double tap...from a cold start a judt spun...i couldnt believe it...the throttle didnt cut out...no bogging...i just slammed the throttle and i damn near did a 180! It was like a burn out. I havent been able to loosen up the car like that in any way! The safety features always step in. I couldnt help wishing i was on a track with some drag radials!
I would have been flying! Does anyone use this technique at the track? And all you 6Ms out there...could this help your launch problems? I regularly get bogged off the line if i dont do a soft launch...so this was shocking! Pure unbridled power! Also and know this doesnt coubt cause its not a the track with proper timing..i ran an 11.1 by the in dash performance recorder in regular track mode with a soft launch. I know, i know...not the same. My question is do you all use the in dash and how do you feel about its accuracy? It seems to be consistent at least where the PDR is all over the place. Any way this has been my fastest time yet...stock...and i believe it is do to several of you suggesting to put the suspension in Tour. I was a huge skeptic on this until i really thought about it and realized that weight would shift towards the rear more if the suspension was loosened. Anywho...thank the lot of you for your input and advise!
Attached Images

Boo is offline   Reply With Quote