View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #28
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
I know Im still new on this site, but I do sell cars at a Chevy dealership and have for 2 years now. The GM product trainer comes once a month and I always try and pry info out of him about the new Camaro. He (indirectly) said it would have the LS2, which I think would make sense. The LS3 is in the 08 vettes and the vettes always have to 1-up the camaro.....which is why I thought they changed the vette motors from 07-08.

I mean dont get me wrong, the LS3 would be killer.That motor is very strong and underrated, and I'm buying the new camaro regardless of which engine it has....but the LS3 in the V8 Camaro would piss a lot of vette buyers off and there has to be some gap between the 2 cars. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to sell vettes anymore.
Welcome to the site

I don't think the LS2 will be in this car at launch from the information I've read. The L76 and even the LS3 make more sense. I don't think 'Vette buyers would get in an uproar because the LS3 is the base 'Vette engine, and when the C5 first came out with the LS1, the '98 F-Body had the same motor (and close to the same power.) The '92 'Vette had an LT1 in it and the '93 F-Body came out with it, when the LT1 was introduced, 'Vette guys still had their LT5, and later LT4; then the C5 guys got their LS6 in '01; C6 guys had their LS2 in '05 and LS7 in '06 (and don't forget that the LS2 was offered in SS-trim Trailblazers, SSR and GTOs) and I don't recall hearing grumblings from the Y-body guys.

There is a lot of information here to consider, though just about all of it is speculation. I don't think your trainer has it though. No offense to any trainers here, or to any salesmen, but I think this sort of information (or lack there-of) is the reason many enthusiasts don't find sales people particularly helpful when they come to buy a car. Maybe it's just been the salesmen I've know and delt with (I worked at a dealership for 5.5 years) and so many I knew and spoke to had diarreah of the mouth and didn't know anything. Again, I am NOT trying to make a superlative and am sorry if what I posted is offensive, but it's pretty sad when the salesperson knows less about the product than the consumer.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote