View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #335
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
You can't really compare the ZO6 to the Camaro, as far as it being a track car, with that engine in their due to weight and gearing, it still gets what, like 26 MPG? in the camaro it might get 16-19. It seems to me, most companies are looking more towards fuel effeciency because of CAFE. the ZL1 can get away with it because of the super charger and the same displacement 6.2 as the LS3.
Well ... the Z06 gets 15/24 while the manual LS3 Corvettes get 16/26 vs 16/24 in the Camaro. Based on that, I'd expect an LS7 Camaro to be about 14/22 which isn't too bad and probably better than the ZL1 will get.

Anyway, sales volume is as important to CAFE as fuel economy itself. So even if a performance car doesn't get that great of fuel economy, their total sales are nothing next to the millions of vehicles that GM sells each year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote