View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #106
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
UPDATE :

My SLP 25% UDP and Cloyes C5R Timing Chain set came in today. I also ordered a spare Oil pump o-ring for "just in case" reasoning :

As you can see, I wasn't too happy with the packaging of the timing chain set. When I opened the box, the chain had broken out of it's original box, and was just laying inside of the Cloyes box.

At this point I decided to add an extra peace of mind, and inspect the chain for damage, and authenticity. I had heard that companies were selling "Fake" C5R chains, and passing them off as the real deal. Until someone's chain snaps (causing lots of chaos) and there's nothing that can be done because there's no "warranty".

For those of you looking to buy a C5R chain, what you're looking for is the product to be Made in GERMANY. You are also looking for the Chain to say JWIS, not IWIS (the lower end of the company). Last, the part number on the C5-R Chain should read : G68V-2. If your chain does not have these characteristics, PUT IT ON YOUR CAR AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here is a picture of the Chain, and the box with the part number :