View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #105
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Indeed sir, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
But you're assuming that people are going to cross-shop the Z28 and Corvette. As many people have said in the past, and I was/am one of them, just because two cars have a similar price point or power output, it does not make them competitors.

While there are a lot of people on this and other performance forums who would rather buy a Corvette than a Camaro, if the price point was near the same, there are a lot more that realize that they are two completely different cars built for two different purposes. Personally, I don't think a Z28 version of a Camaro, even at close to the same price and power output, is going to cut into the sales of base Corvettes. And certainly not the Z06.

I did not buy a GT500 because I could not afford a Corvette, nor did I buy it because I thought it offered better performance. I bought it because it was the vehicle that best suited my desires/needs at this point in my life.
Very well said, I would even venture to say, in my case i have kids, a wife, like to hang with friends, pets, pick up hot stranded chics ect ect (I'm a good samaritan, my biggest flaw), and i can fit MOAR of the afformentioned things in my Camaro as compaired to a Vette. Corvettes are ok for what they are, flashy and bang for the buck when compaired to a Lambo! lol =)
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote