View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #264
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Chevy hit the freaking nail square on the head. This car is awesome. Would love to see it be a "real" lightweight body (3800lbs is joke), but those ceramic brakes and that 427 will work at the track all weekend long. Can't wait for pricing.
Chevy builds or built this car, it's called a Z06. And it has creature comforts like A/C and a good audio system. I seriously doubt the new Z/28 at 3800 lbs can run with a like tire shod 3200 lbs Z06 on a road course, just the laws of physics. I can't wait to hear the complaints about the '14 Z/28 tires and brakes in real street use, they are far more race oriented than the ZL-1. Now anyone that has actually driven a Z06 on an extended trip on real street roads ( I have ) will tell you this is one uncomfortable car over extended seat times on the street. It is noisy, rough and even feels crude at times until the speedo gets into the triple digit range. The C6 Z06 is/was a track car with luxury amenities to satisfy the aging demographics of Corvette owners, bragging rights about a 427 cu.in. 505hp Corvette. Unfortunately most Z06's are garage queens and only see occasional duty carting golf clubs on the weekends. I really wanted the new Z/28 ( had 2 - '69's and a '79 ) BUT after seeing the 2014 Z/28, I'd rather spend the cash on a 1 or 2 year old Z06 and use my modded 2010 SS/RS for extended trips. Off topic but I'm curious as to where the GM engineers mounted the oil tank for the dry sump system in the 2014 Z/28. I also wonder if they finally separated the brake and clutch hydraulic systems reservoirs.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote