View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #53
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
A 5th gen Z/28 will happen, a 5th gen Z/28 won't happen, and still we see nothing in the form of a concrete answer either way from Chevrolet. I am quite frankly disappointed that this far into the 5th gen cycle that Chevy/GM has not made an effort to get a proper Z/28 out there. And I see a disappointing number of performance engines for selections now and in the future. Now I realize we'll never see the number of performance engines in a lineup that we had in the '60s, but surely they should be able to develop and commit to three good performance engines that would support an SS, Z/28 and ZL1. I may get surprised and a 5th gen Z/28 may show up yet, I might get surprised and find all three in the 6th gen when it arrives, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for either event to happen. I've been almost 100% GM since I started driving in the mid '60s, but these days like so many other companies GM is limiting their selections/lines and you either buy what little they offer or you look elsewhere. Call me a stick in the mud or a pessimist or what ever else you like, I'm not very hopeful of seeing solutions from Chevy/GM for the vehicle I'm looking for. And I am getting so I rarely post here because of those feelings. I still have a faint hope that they will change my mind, but that is very faint and would be a suprise if it happened.
Clyde
I don't have faith in GM to bring back the Z/28 well all want. The Camaro is an excellent car and I more than likely will end up buying a 1LE after I graduate but it still isn't the Z/28 we know they could build if they really wanted to.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote