View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #43
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
I have done some back to run on and off, same car same track same day. Ran about 2-3 tenths faster with the chiller. It is ALL going to depend on when your tune pulls timing. You do not gain power with cooler water with the chiller you do however keep you IATs low enough to not pull timing, cooling hot outside air does not put more oxygen in the air but it does help from detonating and keeps IAT cooler. Here was some old data I did when I first put it on and I recheck data everytime I do a new mod and the data holds true to this day. I am now at 10.5 psi and 680hp.

Here is a copy of a post I made 2 years when I first put the chiller on and I did days of testing on the road and this is the info from that dyno testing which matched all of the road testing I did. I didn't post any graphs as I was having issues with my SCT losing connections so I never turned the logger off so it was about 30 min long.

I ok well I got the data off we needed, I tried to do a graph and all that but I am tired and not gonna do it now. So the dyno sheets I emailed to myself from the shop didn't work so I will go off of memory for the numbers there.

First off the A/C does kick off at WOT but comes back on around 4500RPM(we could see a dip in the dyno sheet. So for ALL the Chiller on tests we let it chill for 5 minutes between runs and just before we went WOT we turned off the A/C. Same 5 minutes were given for cool down for Chiller OFF.

Chiller OFF Data

101* AMBIENT
1st pull IAT start at 104*F end at 122*F car made 568

2nd pull IAT starts at 114*F end at 140*F car made 55? had a small amout of KR (.3)

3rd pull IAT starts at 125*F end at 145*F car made 54? had alittle more KR (.9)

Chiller ON

107* AMBIENT
1st pull IAT starts at 64*F ends at 113*F car made 56?

2nd Pull IAT starts at 66*F ends at 116*F car made 56?

3rd pull IAT starts at 66*F ends at 116*F car made 56?

Did a pulley change 3.6 to a 3.4 and went from 6psi to 7 psi and made 596 and the torque can't remember but it went up almost 50ftlbs. IAT were the same as the other runs with the chiller on.

I didn't tune for the chiller, we were pressed for time as they had 2 other cars that needed tuning and I was on the dyno most of the day doing 8-10 pulls. The tuner though we could get another 1-2 degrees of timing with IAT where they were with the chiller on but since we didn't have time to test I choose to stay where I was and be safer at the same power level. I think if your IATs are higher than 140*F you may get some HP out of this deal and be alot safer, but my car at 6-7PSI doesn't produce alot of heat.

I hope everyone is ok with the test as you can't please everyone but I did my best to keep a even playing field but temps came up as the day went on and engine coolant temps are what they are when we hit the go pedal. I will try to get some logs for the 1/4 mile but it isn't going to change any from what I have already done around here on the road and the dyno actually proved to heat up the car more than a 0-120mph run.
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote