View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #33
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
with the 15 mustang getting closer, you'd think the mustang sales would be lackluster. such a huge change for next year (supposedly) across the board for the mustang and they are kicking the camaros ass. Camaro prices are higher but you get more for your money (i know this firsthand) maybe the camaro needs to be dumbed down further to grab the lower end ? maybe when the 15 mustang comes out their price will be in line with the camaro?
How do you get more for your money? HID and LED taillights are standard on all mustangs. Not $1350 extra. The mustang also tends to price out cheaper, have bigger incentives, and a bigger margin between invoice and MSRP so you can always get it for less. The interior is also of higher quality although the interior layout on the camaro is much better. Both the mustang and Challenger have track apps of which the camaro has no equivalent.

The only thing that made me buy the camaro is I have always been a camaro fan and love the styling. The Tremec in the camaro is of much higher quality than the Chinese made MT82 in the stang and I wanted a manual. The camaro comes with brembos all around. Finally, I am a big fan of the LS3 engine.

However, the fact that the camaro was more expensive and how tightly integrated Onstar spyware is into the car I thought long and hard about getting a mustang instead.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote