View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
You know how this poll is going to end up. most of the votes are going to be for the biggest power. Thats not the heritage of the Z/28....... Myabe instead of debating what engines we would like to see we should be debating what models we would like to see
You know, it seems like I participate in different threads on that subject, at least once a week. It's not like I don't mind, otherwise I wouldn't. I just thought the engine represents the heart of the car, probably, more than anything else. What good is a car that handles well, but doesn't have significant enough power to put that handling to use? I'm not suggesting that power is the end-all-be-all; that's why I said significant I think SS has the b@lls, power-wise, to put any aftermarket set-up to the test and it would pretty much kill a Mustang GT with a Track Pack, but I just think the engine is the soul of the car. No one raves about a car without mention of the powerplant.

I'm seeing what you're saying in the results though. I, personally, don't think an LS9 is in the cards if Z28 is going to be in the same price range as the 500, but I hope I'm wrong. If we could get a 600 horse' LS9 in Z28, I'd probably sh*t my pants; I just can't really see that happening, considering everything else that would probably be upgraded.

I kinda' want to change my vote now, lol

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote