View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Drives: Transformers Edition 2LT RS Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
This past Thanksgiving my 64 y/o mother came to visit me in San Diego from Michigan. On the second day of her visit I took her into the nursery and showed her my baby, surprisingly she thought “Michelle” was a beautiful car. As the week progressed she occasionally asked questions about the car so I finally took her for a ride. She absolutely loved the car. Upon returning home I showed her the “Ultimate Factories” about the Camaro that I keep on DVR and by the conclusion she mentioned “maybe I’ll get one of those.”

Given she is a 64 y/o grandmother I thought she may be just dreaming out loud but I gave her an extra brochure for reading material on her plane ride home. A couple days after she returned to MI I got a call from her saying she has been thinking about the Camaro and really wanted one! She asked me for help locating one as she knew I had to order mine. I contacted a dealer from the board who couldn’t help but during the process I found Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet. (Sorry Beck, I didn’t even realize you were on the board) As it turns out, Becky’s dealership was only about 20 miles from my mother. I talked with Becky and told her the situation, that my mom would qualify for the GM Employee discount, USAA, etc. and she was thrilled to help. I explained to her that this would not be a daily driver, and that my mom didn’t need an SS. Additionally, I asked Becky to be sure my mom was aware of the blind spot and to ensure it would be safe for her to sit in the driver’s seat. (When my mom was a little girl she was stricken with Polio leaving one leg several inches shorter than the other. On her “tall” leg she is only 4’11’’ so for her to drive a car with an airbag is pretty dangerous given how far she has to move the seat forward. She currently drives a car with adjustable pedals which keep her a safe distance from the airbag.) Anyway, before I could put Becky in touch with my mother I got another call from mom saying she had been to another dealer in Ohio. This guy was trying to sell my mom a 2SS and had her convinced that is the car she wanted. For obvious reasons I didn’t want my mother in an SS…and I advised her against the car, turning her onto Becky.

My mom was already “sold” on the 2SS so Becky could easily have taken advantage of that. Instead, Becky displayed the utmost integrity and explained to my mom the benefits of the 2LT, made her aware of the blind spot and again, displaying her professionalism, Becky connected my mom with a company that does handicap van conversions. This company was able to fabricate longer gas and brake pedals so my mom doesn’t have to sit right on top of the wheel to reach the pedals.

My mother couldn’t be happier with the car she picked up today, and I wanted to extend a public THANK YOU to Becky for her outstanding customer service, professionalism, and ethics. I think car salespeople in general have that “crook” stigma attached to them, Becky certainly bucks that mold. I would encourage anyone considering a new Camaro to give Becky a call. I can’t recommend her enough, she really went the extra mile on this deal.
Great story, and so glad to hear yet ANOTHER happy customer who Becky has helped. Becky is truly amazing and really cares. I just hope she is prepared to be stuck with me as a customer for life