View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Kooks complete system (headers/exhaust)

I need advice/opinions about headers exhaustfrom those of you who are more knowledgeable than I am about motors (which is most of you!). I have a 2SS/RS automatic (Due to a medical issue, I can't drive a manual easily and I really love my A6 anyway.)

I am seriously considering this complete exhaust system from Kooks:
http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/show.php?pid=890

If I decide to do this, I will have IPS Motorsports in Columbus, OH install it and do a tune (which will include eliminating AFM).

The only other engine mod I will have done is a CAI intake. (Some of my Ohio C5 friends have been kind enough to say they'll help me install it this weekend.)

Why do I want to put in the Kooks system? Well, I want my car to sound more like a V8 than it does with the stock exhaust. I do not want my car to be extremely loud - I want to be able to hear my music and carry on a conversation), but I do want it to have a powerful growl to it! More power is always a plus as well. I don't plan to race my car except for maybe an occasional fun day at the track with friends. It will to be used mostly as a weekend, fair-weather fun car. I want it to sound great and be VERY fun to drive.

By the way, I am having IPS install the Pfadt suspension package+ next week which will lower the car a bit and should improve handling.

The reason I'm posting here is because I know many of you know more than I do about these things. I'm a novice at this stuff, but I want to mod my car. It's fun to learn about my Camaro from others who share that interest. I want to get the best bang for the buck with the mods and not wish I'd taken a different path in modding my car. ("Gee if only I had done my homework I would have done it this way...") I'm trying to do my homework and line up my mods. I've done some reading, but I find the practical experience of folks like you is often the best way to learn. Any advice you can give on the Kooks system or if you recommend a different set up is appreciated.

Thanks to all of you for all I've learned in these forums. You are great.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote