View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Okay, I'm originally a Southern-boy so forgive my snow-driving ignorance, but I quite nearly died Saturday night after hitting ice at about 50mph and spinning across 3 lanes of traffic (all traveling that fast) in my 'stang. Do chains for tires help at all? How should you modify your driving if you do find yourself in icy conditions? I started upshifting and staying at really low revs and that seemed to help, but does anyone have any other suggestions? It was my first time driving on ice and was pretty scary.
chains are a no go unless you are in alaska or upstate new york or a place where they get a TON of snow and on ice will do nothing.

here in maryland we dont get a ton of snow. a major snow storm (1 foot+) every 5 years, and the rest is hit or miss. mostly just slow down, also i believe the camaro has a built in traction control of some sort (someone correct me if im wrong) where as the base mustang doesnt so that might have been part of your problem.

Finally if you are on ice you are screwed no matter what, however the half an inch to inch of snow we got on Saturday shouldnt have been a problem normally.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote