View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #100
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
I'm not going to argue with you, but Saleen NEVER built a Mustang similar to the rendering of that Camaro. For a long time Saleen Mustangs were just bumper covers, ground effects and rear wings. He didn't change the hood, and He NEVER changed the doors and rear quarter panels. It will come down to MSRP and performance. If the car stickers for just under $50,000 and has performance equal to, or greater than a BOSS 302 and a GT 500, then it should do well. If not, they probably won't move many.

By the way, please show me a car similar to this for less money. Which car on this site has 620 HP, similar body mods, interior mods, wheels and tires, better brakes, better suspension and a 3/36,000 warranty? That car also has to cost around $50,000. Keep in mind that you're buying a complete car, so none of the work can be done buy the owner. You would have to pay labor costs for all of the modifications.
Now I see why you are so confused.. If you think this car will be selling for just under 50k you are out of your mind.. They took the base model 1SS without the RS package and and slapped on some bolt on parts that can all be found on Ebay. My guess is this car will retail for close to 60k or better with all of the options showed in the pics and because of the Saleen name plate. The rendering looked nice, but that is not anything close to what the final product is. They did not put much effort into the appearance of this car at all. If it had been a mustang they would have gone all out with custom bumpers and GFX kits as they always have. I have always liked the look of Saleen Mustangs but this is nothing more than a pathetic attempt of bolting on parts that weren't even made by them and attaching a brand name to it so they can sell them for a high price. Really the only thing custom is the hood and there are alot better looking ones on the market IMO. It was as if they looked at the rendering and said to them selves, "man that looks like alot of work. Forget it lets just buy other peoples parts and bolt them on instead". lol