View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Hello,

Been lurking here for awhile, reading all the great info here. Had been contemplating a new 5th since they came out. Wife finally decided for me that it was time to jump in A few years ago I had given her, her dream car around Christmas (Suby Outback), so she returned the favor:

2013 Camaro SS2/RS - 1LE in AGM with NPP exhaust and nav:

Car is such a blast and fun to drive, picked it up a week ago last friday and already have over 350 miles on it and on my 3rd tank of gas

Already ordered some stuff from Vendors here - black out kits for the emblems (Bigworm), black locking lug nuts (Apex Motor sports), AAC Ghosted Side Markers and Interior foot-well kit (Southwest Speed LLC), Bluetooth ODB-2 reader so I can use torque on my Android phone.

Trying to get a good feel for the stock vehicle before I start with engine and suspension mods.

I'm a little torn, I swore to myself before I wouldn't get a new 5th gen until I had my project vehicle on the road:

69 Camaro RS nearly completely rebuilt from the ground up. Not a rotisserie build, but all new suspension, brakes, engine (489 BBC with around 600-650hp), trans, pretty much an all new car except paint and body. Being done as a Pro-touring resto/mod. Its been started up in my garage, just chasing some gremlins now (some gauge issues, no oil pressure gauge working and a fuel leak, plus interior is out).

I guess the new 5th gen will be training wheels until I can get the beast on the road.

Here is my build thread on the 69 over at pro-touring.com:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?46916

On my todo list for the 2013:

Appearance/Interior/Misc:
  • Window Tinting
  • Some sort of BA amp upgrade swap with a sub (been looking at ********'s offerings)
  • Heritage Grill and ZL1 Rockers
  • (Maybe) afterburners or sequential taillights (been looking at Apex's offering)
  • Some sort of custom license plate frame, but can't figure out a good saying yet
Performance (once I get used to the '13 and probably after the '69 is on the road):
  • CAI with washer relocate and new scoop (again Apex's offering)
  • Shorty headers (not sure whose yet)
  • Ported Intake and possibly ported thottle body
  • Some sort of tuning software (HP Tuners?) to take advantage of the increased breath-ability of the CAI and headers, intake and TB.
  • Pedders Rear sub-frame bushings and front radius arm bushings
  • (Maybe) Pedders rear 32mm bar and switching over to their magic 19" Forge-line wheel setup with 305s all around with coil overs (far off, plus really liking the ZL1 wheels still need to read more).
  • (Maybe way down the road)Supercharging
I'm in Southern California so be nice to start going to some autocross gatherings try my hand a bit.

And I do want to say thanks for having such a great site with such a wealth of info. Hopefully some day I'll be able to contribute my own DIY to give back. I did one on mini-tubbing that I did on my 69 Camaro:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...a-68-69-Camaro

Thanks for reading and hello!

Ed
Congrats on your 1LE!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote