View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBH View Post
Any C-Fest observations on various suspension setups ?
I did my first ever autocross in my V6 with Pedders XA coilovers at C5F. I got to make 4 passes with my car. Best time of 39.680 was better than a lot of the V8s there (and best V6 by a couple of seconds)!

I used Mike's alignment specs and setup info and was VERY pleased with the results! Keep in mind, that time was posted with stock P-Zeros as well!

The everyday ride quality is a bit stiffer for me since I run the dampening settings pretty high. When softened up the ride is supple and better than stock IMHO.

I am not new to suspension setup either. I've road raced motorcycles at a professional level so I'm fairly well versed in suspension setup.... probably more so than most. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with this setup!

And if these XAs are too "mundane" for you, Pedders has a new version out with remote reservoirs that will suite any need up to and including professional level competition!

One of the guys at the fest shot some HD video, of my runs, that I will post here when he sends me the footage....

Big thanks to Mike (DMS) for the help with the setup! It ROCKS!

PS: I also had the fastest V6 1/4 mile time of the event at 14.37@96.51 (DA was +1978)