View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
PFADT,

You seem to think that this may be an isolated incident based on your knowledge. I too have your springs, sways, end links, trailing arms on my car as well along with 22's pretty much the same set up as PQ but I have trailing arms and end links.

In your opinion do you think horsepower or driving habits may have anything to do with this? While I do not track my car I may occasionally get on it just to air it out, lol. Also is this a part that needs to be check periodically like oil changes etc...

Just asking from a knowledge standpoint.
No sir. It is just a severely elongated bolt hole from the assembly being loose. When the metal became thin enough from the endlink sliding up and down and elongating the hole it failed. There is no flaw in the arm. It has nothing to do with the brand of the bar. It was not RWHP. It was a loose endlink assembly.

Caveats and Disclaimers:

The larger rear bar would exert more force and cause more wear. ALL aftermarket bars are stronger than OE and would do the same or worse.

The more aggressively driven the vehicle the more wear you will see if a component is loose. The higher the RWHP the more likely you would be to see damage from ANY loose assembly.

EVERYTHING in a car or sub-system is related in some way shape or form. To make clear what I am trying to say I'll pull numbers out of the air. What occurred to PQ is 99% loose assembly and 1% all other factors.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote