View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #326
CREATURE

Drives: 2010 1LT Synergy Green Camaro
By the way here's pictures from our meet last night. Had fun at dinner then we cruised over to a parking garage across town to get some good photos. Thanks to SJ for the access........ Oh..... and the flashlight!

I was really able to bring out the sky in this one and emphasize color without going overboard. 13 second exposure at f/8 and ISO 400, 32mm on full frame using the Nikon 16-35mm VR

It took all 5 of us to get this one right. We all tried like 5 times a piece to get the perfect C5. Getting the hang of how fast to wave the flashlight and not stand still, turn it on and off at just the right time, write backwards, and a combination of other things was killin us. Same settings as the first photo.

Went with a tighter crop on this one and converted it to B&W, then went back and erased in some color. Believe it or not this one only took 2 or 3 tries using the flashlight app on an iphone! I needed more time to write out "Camaro 5" so I went with a 30 second shutter speed and lowered the ISO to 125. the aperture was still set at f/8

And last but not least, This one took a couple hours of editing, mainly because I changed my mind on what to do with it quite a few times. There were 2 original layers that I merged to get the right exposure blended with the buildings, sky, the Camaro's, and foreground. Then an additional 2 layers for the Lightning after I erased the background from the original photos.

I also took the photo of the lightning, I think sometime last year on the top level of another parking garage during a crazy thunderstorm using a fisheye lens. Hope you guys like these photos as much as we enjoyed taking them
Custom Black Vinyl Stripes | 5% tint rear, 20% side | Blacked Out Lights/Bezels | Color Matched Bowties | Vossen CV3 20"s | MRT Ver.1 Axle Back Exhaust | Hurst Shifter | BC Racing Coilovers | Whiteline Sway Bars

Last edited by CREATURE; 03-19-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added a picture
CREATURE is offline   Reply With Quote