View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #102
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
This thread is about what I "hate" about this Camaro. We've been waiting for sooo long, and we still don't have full info.

I mean Fbod and others give us hints and so on, I also know GM can't say everything for strategy reasons (and probably don't even know everything they're gonna do regarding actual economical situation) and so on..

But all would be so simple if only we had some official information saying as of now:
- V8/V6 will be built from XX to XX month;
- ..... will be delivered from xx to xx month;
- Convert will/won't come into production between XX 200? and XX 20??
- There won't/will be a supercharged Z28 or whatever between XX 200? and XX 20?? ...
- etc

I understand all the joy this car brings to Camaro fans who are just happy the car is back, but I guess we are quite a few (not on this site which is a camaro enthusiats' one) who like the Camaro's history but who would buy mustang/challenger/charger/ whatever without problem if the other brand was faster/nicer.

We're craving for solid infos. I'm dreaming? Yup, prolly, however, that would be nice to KNOW what we're gonna do ... i hate to see people (especially me) wondering: do I go for a coupé or wait for the vert? Do I go for a SS or wait for a Z28? Do I wait for HUD? Do I wait for XXXX? Will we have a XX or do I have to wait for it?

I DO understand Chevy has been amazingly "transparent" showing the concept, the pre pro, the prod version and so on ... but the bad part of it is that we're feeling like we've been waiting for years and years and years (which is actually true).

I'm afraid this waiting + relative "lack" of info + false/partially true "said insiders" info may kill the love for some people.

Was a little off topic but I guess GM should end these insider info by releasing FULL info
OK -- havent been on here a week or so -- so if someone answered this before I get thru the thread -- sorry.

Important to understand we've put more information out about this car so very far in advance -- that it cannot be compared to ANY other car at GM.......

We put Camaro into REGULAR production in February -- if this were like any other launch, you'd be getting the details you got 6 months ago -- about now.

We will not put out specifics.......but I can say this:

We're building V6s and V8s as we speak -- they'll be captured test fleet vehicles -- but while everyone's excited -- and concerned (esp. with issues around liquidity...) time to calm down -- this launch is going quite smoothly --

Yes..there are issues - there ALWAYS are issues as we start building 'saleable' pilots..........for captured test fleets........

Things, indeed, do look bright!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote