View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
I test drove a ZL1 last week because I was debating on "upgrading". It honestly was slower then my modded SS and handled about the same. Currently my car has headers, and a TSP 231/236 cam, BMR springs and sways and ZL1 Ten spoke wheels.. I would like to think it's basicially a 2011 version of the 1LE minus the 3.91 gears... But no joke I can walk all over a stock ZL1... That's the performance aspect of it from my opinion... Now the interior was way nicer in the ZL1 only because I loved the new recaro seats.... I'm sure I will just buy seats for my SS at some point because the seats alone and the My Link screen aren't enough to make me want to spend the extra 20K.. ... can you make a ZL1 way faster pretty easily.. YES...

If money isn't an opinion then I would get one for sure... It looks badass and has crazy potential.. But just like i did with my SS.. I will wait for the prices to drop big time... I got my 2SS with 6000 miles for 29...
You may be able to run with a ZL1, but I doubt you can walk all over one with just a cam, headers and tune. And on a road course it will destroy your SS hands down, you will need much more than springs and sway bars.