Thread: tapshifting
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
tapshifting

Was playing around with tapshifting a little, and it's a blast I know letting the computer do the shifting at the track is supposed to give the best times, but on the street it is nice to have more control.

The car seemed a little sluggish on some freeway on-ramps, but I read some older posts and think I know why. I usually get on and have to make a left turn from a light. I'll go easy around the corner, and then give it gas down the ramp. I think the problem is, by the time I'm around the corner, the tranny has already shifted into 2nd. When I stomp on it, it just runs all the way through 2nd, and doesn't downshift to first. Ideally, I think this would be a situation where I'd want to be in 1st from the get go, right?

Also, the car sounds awesome when downshifting. I know the computer won't let me blow the engine, but at what speed do you normally downshift to 2nd and 1st when coming to a stop?

One last thing....when I want to accelerate, do I tapshift down and then press the gas pedal, or do I start pressing the gas and then tap down?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote